At our San Francisco center, Dr. Albert Chow specializes in breast augmentation, and customizes each procedure to the individual's specific needs and goals. He has performed hundreds of breast augmentation procedures including specialized versions for patients of Asian descent, helping many women improve their self-confidence and achieve the attractive breast appearance they desire. If you would like to add balance and symmetry to your figure, and think that enhanced breasts will help you feel more beautiful, feminine, and confident, Dr. Chow can help you achieve the look you want.
Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos
Improvements From Breast Augmentation
Dr. Chow strives to provide the results you want, whether it's a subtle change or a dramatic one. Women ages 18 and older choose breast augmentation for a variety of personal reasons, including wanting to:
- Increase the size of naturally small breasts
- Restore the breasts to the size they were before pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Balance differently sized breasts (asymmetry)
- Create proportion between the upper body and the lower
- Feel attractive in a variety of clothing styles
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
During your in-depth consultation, Dr. Chow will take the time to fully understand your desires and expectations. Patients appreciate his approachable personality and are usually able to share their feelings openly with him. Dr. Chow will use this visit, which typically lasts at least an hour, to help you establish realistic expectations about the surgery, outcomes, recovery, and possible complications.
Dr. Chow can perform breast augmentation as an individual procedure or in conjunction with other procedures such as liposuction or a tummy tuck to achieve more dramatic results. If you have skin laxity or sagging, he may recommend combining your breast augmentation with a breast lift. During your consultation, he will discuss these and other options in more detail.
Patient Results Photo Gallery
Whether you are considering a subtle change or a more dramatic enhancement, Dr. Chow's results will inspire you.
Breast augmentation enhances breast size and shape through the placement of breast implants behind the breasts. At his practice in San Francisco, Dr. Chow personalizes each woman's breast augmentation results by creating a custom surgical plan. He will walk you through the following choices during your consultation:
- Breast implants may be filled with silicone or saline. Dr. Chow offers the latest implants from respected manufacturers such as Sientra, Mentor, and Allergan. He will also help you understand your options with regard to breast implant size, shape, and profile to ensure your results match your expectations.
- Incision placement depends on the type of implants you choose and your personal preferences. Options include around the areola, under the arm, or under the breast.
- Implant placement may either be beneath or above the pectoral muscles. Typically, sub-pectoral placement, which is beneath the chest muscles, provides the most natural-looking results because the upper edge of the implant is concealed by the chest muscle.
While these choices mainly come down to personal preference, Dr. Chow will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each one, and how each choice may influence your results. Dr. Chow is skilled in several different state-of-the-art breast augmentation techniques and will recommend the one that is most appropriate for you.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Chow typically performs breast augmentation as an outpatient procedure with either general anesthesia or local anesthetic with IV sedation administered under the care of a board-certified anesthesiologist. During the surgery, he makes an incision through which he creates a space called the "pocket" for the breast implant. Because he has mastered the art of the subtle incision, he is able achieve the desired enhancements with minimal visible scarring.
Breast augmentation is extremely safe, provides immediate results, and involves a very tolerable recovery period. Most women are back to work or school within 5 to 7 days.