Plastic surgery continues to grow in popularity. Turning to plastic surgery to enhance your natural beauty no longer carries a negative connotation. Financing options also make it easier for our San Francisco patients to cover plastic surgery costs.Dr. Albert W. Chow, a successful San Francisco plastic surgeon, performs a variety of plastic surgeries. He is able to inform patients on the costs of different surgical procedures, as well as offer advice for financing options.
Plastic Surgery Costs
The costs of plastic surgery will vary depending on what procedure is performed, how many areas of the body are being treated, and the geographical location of the plastic surgeon. A consultation with Dr. Chow is the best way to determine the cost of the surgical procedure you are interested in. For our patients in San Francisco, breast augmentation, facelift, rhinoplasty, etc. will all have different costs. When you are determining the cost of your plastic surgery, make sure the following are included in your quote:
- Surgeon fee
- Anesthesia fee
- Operating room fee
- Implant fee, if applicable
- Hospital stay, if applicable
When you know the cost of your plastic surgery, it will be easier to determine the best financing option.
The following are some of the options available when it comes to financing the costs of plastic surgery:
- Credit Cards: Most plastic surgeons will take major credit cards. You can either pay with a credit card that you already own, or apply for a new one. Be sure to inform yourself of all the terms of the credit card. Credit cards may have a high interest rate so consider what you will end up paying for surgery after the interest rate is factored in.
- Personal Loan: Another option is to apply for an unsecured loan. The interest rate for these loans may be high as well, but there will be a fixed payment and you will know exactly when your loan will be paid off. This can make it easier to make long-term financial plans.
- Private Financing: At some practices, you can make payments either directly to the surgeon or to their own financing company. The down payment, interest rate, and payment will vary depending on the practice.
You can make the financing process easier if you,
- Come prepared: Personal information and documentation will be required. Gather any necessary documents in advance.
- Ask questions: If any of the terms of the loan or credit card are unclear, be sure to ask questions. There are many variables such as interest rate, minimum payment, penalty fees, and more that could affect your loan. It is important to understand all of the details.
- Keep your options open: Plastic surgery is a big financial decision. Give yourself time to explore all of your options and choose the one that makes the most sense, financially.
Schedule an Appointment
The costs of plastic surgery do not need to prevent you from reaching your aesthetic goals. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Albert W. Chow to learn more about the plastic surgery procedures that are available.